Joe brings to RLH a uniquely valuable 360 degree perspective on healthcare, having held leadership roles within many aspects of that sector:
- Provider – past Chairman of the Board of Advisors of the UCLA Medical Center.
- Pharma: past Board member at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (formerly Nasdaq: AMLN)
- Policy: 11 years as Chairman of the Board of Advisors of RAND Health, the largest non-profit source of objective analysis and effective solutions for improving health
- Payor: six years as a Board member of CIGNA (NYSE: CI)
- Facilities: a member of the Board of HCP Inc., one of the largest healthcare REITs
- Clinical Trials: Chairman and CEO of Protocare, a clinical trials and pharmaceutical consulting firm
- Finance: an investment banker with Goldman, Sachs & Co. for two decades.
Joe has seen it all in healthcare; we and our portfolio companies are fortunate to have the benefit of his insights. And when he’s not thinking about how to improve healthcare delivery, Joe likes to travel and spend time with his family.