“We seek to work with people who want to find the best ideas, regardless of source.”

Ryan A. Smiley

Managing Director

Los Angeles



Over a decade of private equity experience, with (to our good fortune) the vast majority at RLH.

Current portfolio company engagements include Astound Commerce, CrossCountry Consulting, CrossVue, Imre LLC, and MCA Connect.

Wharton undergrad, UCLA Anderson for MBA

Top quotes (courtesy of John Wooden):

  • “Never mistake activity for achievement”
  • “Be quick, but don’t hurry”
  • “Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who will challenge you”

Why a career in private equity – it became clear that I wasn’t NBA material (my childhood dream), and I didn’t want to be an attorney because several family members already were. I tried investment banking and realized that I get greater satisfaction from helping entrepreneurs achieve their lofty goals. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing a company grow quickly and knowing you are a contributor to that success.

Outside of the office, 99% of his time is spent with his wife and two boys. The other 1% is spent on the links. Ryan loves the challenge of golf… if only he had the time to get good.

More: And you can check him out on LinkedIn here.